2017: The Math Handbook for students with Math Difficulties, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia or ADHD. Published by Universal-Publishers. $35.
#1 Best Seller on Amazon in Children’s books on Maths (2021).
The Math Handbook has been developed for students with dyscalculia and others who are struggling with mathematics. The book is based upon the Singapore Primary Mathematics curriculum, as well as the International Math curriculum. More than twenty topics are covered and explained step by step through visual representation to convey mathematical concepts. It has been specially developed for:
- Students who have been diagnosed with dyscalculia; other terms may include Mathematics Learning Disability, or Mathematics Disorder
- Students who have been diagnosed with dyslexia; as according to research more than fifty percent of those experience difficulties with mathematics. Some students may have dyslexia and dyscalculia as co-existing disorders
- Students diagnosed with ADHD; as they may struggle with mathematics. Some students may have ADHD and dyscalculia as co-existing disorders.
- Students who have difficulties in learning mathematics
- Slow learners
- Teens/Adults who have severe math difficulties or dyscalculia
Students will gain more confidence in mathematics, become more independent and produce better results. This book will provide them with an opportunity to experience success and maintain a positive attitude towards math. It is suitable to be used in combination with Educational Therapy or remedial intervention in math that students with dyscalculia or math difficulties need.
2014: Dyscalculia and Math Difficulties in Singapore. Price $10.
Introduction by Dr van Luit (professor of dyscalculia), Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Chapter 1: What is Dyscalculia? Definitions and prevalence. Dyscalculia and (severe) math difficulties: a continuum. Case studies. Math Anxiety. Assessment and diagnosis of Dyscalculia
Chapter 2: Support Network. Differences between Educational Therapy and tuition.
Chapter 3: Early numeracy, Assessment & Interventions. Dyscalculia research and updates.
2013: The Math Reference Book. Price $15.
The Maths Reference Book is suitable for all students who have difficulties in learning mathematics. The book may be used in combination with Educational Therapy for math. It contains most topics of the math curriculum used in Primary schools. More than twenty topics are included and examples can be followed in small structured steps and through visual representations that convey math concepts.
Educational YouTube videos created by me:
The Math Handbook
Tips for Parents
Tips for Teachers
Overview: Resources and Tips for Teachers and Parents